Online crop 21/22 April


It's been a lovely weekend and in between family stuff and housework I have been joining in with my first online crop - hosted by the Fisk-A-Teers. There's been lots of crafting and chatting. I have been learning lots about time zones, but really it doesn't matter as far as the Fisk-A-Teers are concerned as no matter where you are there seems to be another member of the group awake and chatting somewhere in the world.
I posted a picture of the pre-crop challenge the other day (about journaling). Challenge #2 was to take 3 items from a list and use 3 of each of them in your LO. In this case 3 photos (3 ducks), 3 page accents (cut from the same background paper, layered and a jewel added to finish them off) and 3 flowers (with wire centres held on by jewelled brads).

Challenge #3 was to take a LO idea (scraplift) from the Fiskateers website or any other site or book and make your own version (posting it with details of the original idea). Mine is taken from May's 30 minute makes (one of the lead Fiskateers). Its the first round page I've attempted and I don't think it will be my last as I really enjoyed making it. Used a sheet of card from my DCWV Olde World stack and stamped it all over with Stamps Happen's Four Cats stamp. I chose the pictures as the big round cat ornament seemed to be purrfect (haha) for the round LO.

Here's a picture of the detail. I used a quote from T S Eliot's Macavity the Mystery Cat, which was a little bit apt as everytime I tried to photograph the real and stone cats together one of them legged it!!
Still a bit of the online crop to go as it doesn't finish until 8pm my time, may even have time to complete another challenge after dinner at mums!
** Kate **

Comments

Jo said…
Hi Kate, thank you much for popping by my blog and for the really lovely comment that you left :) Love the round page, it looks fab, and that paw print looks so cute!

jo xx

Popular Posts