24th Dec to 2008

Wow, it feels like it has gone from being Christmas Eve to 2008 in the blink of an eye. How did that happen?

We've had a fab Christmas. Here are the Dinky Diva and Small-N-Grubby with their fav presents.
I cooked my 1st big Christmas dinner in 2000 and since then I have steadily parred it down to the bare minimum so that it is still special but I get to maximise my time with the children. Usually in our PJ's until lunchtime but we had a few guests nipping in this year so I had to grudgingly get dressed!!

Took the dog for a walk after the Queen's speech and then home to prepare ourselves to do it all again on Boxing day (presents and all) at my family's big get together.

Here are some of the pressies I had been busy making.
Spent New Year's day with SMO's family. Saw these little cuties hiding whilst we were on our post-lunch walk.Crap pic, need that new camera. The fund has started I will try and find a count-down clock for the blog.

For me New Year is a complete contrast to the celebrations of Christmas. I try not to acknowledge its existence and would be asleep by 10.30 if it wasn't for all those blessed fireworks that went on until 1.30am! I have always found it a sad time for reflection in more recent years and last year was particularly bad leaving its mark on all New Years to come.

Fear not, 2008 is already looking much better! I was offered a magazine commission at the end of the year which I of course leapt at. It has, however, meant working in all the spare moments I could find over the holidays (hmm, might have drawn the short straw there!). Finally finished it this morning and now I'm off to enjoy the last few days of the holidays before the kids are back to school on Monday.

** Kate **

Comments

Unknown said…
I think a lot of people are now finding new year hard rather than a celebration, I know I do.

But that aside, here's to a great 2008 for all xx

Popular Posts