Balance

The crafting has taken a back seat the last few days for some family time. This morning though it's back to it and I've already stamped out some images to get creating with. Included in my little stamping session was the creation of this card for Less Is More #6 - One layer week, off the edge.
I was inspired by a class taken at last year's Scrap-A-Mia with Ifa Zainon where we cut up chipboard frames and placed text and pictures behind them going over the edge of the scrapbook page.

The frame here is an old one, very similar in construction to the LaBlanche ones. I cut a mask for it so that I could ink inside it with Antique Linen Distress Ink and stamped the text with a Paperartsy stamp.

I wanted a nice hand written script for the text and in the end went for an Anna Griffin Christmas stamp.

I've a long 'to do' list for today with nothing ticked off it, so I must crack on.

** Kate **

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like the idea and the look but I wonder if I could suggest a different way that might work (it might not)but instead of having the frame vertical...how about horizontal and just above where your sentiment is.
Really hope you arent offended by my suggestion...as I really dont want to upset you in anyway.
Chrissie said…
I really like to see Script stamps and am delighted that your choice of font for the sentiment is in similar vein to that in the frame.
It might be interesting to see what Paula's suggestion looks like... we could come back and revisit and take another look!
Thanks for joining us.
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Susan said…
Kate, What a creative idea! Love the sponging you did!
Kathyk said…
Fab card with a great vintage-y feel to it

Kathyk
Mandi said…
Hi Kate
That is a FAB frame, so useful
Like the script inside, can see ir working both ways

Thanks for entering
Great to see you
mandi
"LEss is More"
Lisa Jane said…
Fab card Kate - love the script
Lisa x
Hannapanna said…
This is gorgeous, feels really vintage. Hugs, Hanna
Suze Bain said…
Super card, love the ornate frame.

Popular Posts