Grungy Monday



Yes, I know it's not Monday, but that's the name of the fab new weekly Tim Holtz challenge at Studio L3.


The inaugural challenge is to base your project on The Twelve tags Of Christmas 2008, Tag 10. If your memory doesn't serve you that well, or if indeed you have no idea what I'm talking about, the details can be found on Tim's blog here.


I've already said on my WOYWW post that this tag doesn't really work for me. The card I chose was so porous it has soaked up the inks and not allowed the full effect to show. For the record I have used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink with Gold and Interference Blue Perfect Pearls. I do like the fab shimmer they have left behind which I have tried to capture here.


The little charm is from Ebay and the pin was on a top I bought at White Stuff!


I've used Tissue Tape and a Paperchase sticker for the design. The little letters are Cosmo Cricket and the flowers are from a big jar of mixed blooms that I no longer have the individual details for.


Challenges:

Grungy Monday at Studio L3 #1 - 12 tags 2008, #10

The Stamp Man #19 - Anything Tim

Fab 'n' Funky #66 - Shabby chic


** Kate **

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great tag Kate. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man. Sue C x
donna said…
Your background looks terrific and what a great sticker...Donna
Jennifer said…
Hiya Kate! Really love this...striking! Thanks for joining us at F'n'F too! xx Jenny xx
Minxy said…
Oh la la, loving your take on the challenge
Anonymous said…
Hi Kate, I really dig the background on your tag, what kind of paper did you use? I think your tag is super cool.
Linda Ledbetter said…
What a cool tag! Kate, you did an awesome job re-inventing Tim's tag for Grungy Monday, and I love that darling little girl with her bright red flower! Thanks so much for joining us, and I hope we see you again next week!
Jenny Potter said…
Great tag - awesome background!
Anonymous said…
This is a great tag. Thank you for joining us at Fab n funky this week

Popular Posts