The Darling BUGS Of May

This week's theme at the Daring Cardmakers is 'The Darling BUGS Of May'.  Straight away I knew I wanted to get my old Tilda with ladybug out, I think this was the 1st Magnolia stamp I bought.  
Whilst I was making it I decided to combine in a few more challenges as well.

There's an embossed background that I realised afterwards is for a challenge that hasn't started yet, but that's OK as I have already seen another idea that I want to try for that one.

The papers with the butterflies on are from Prima.  I've added some additional punched butterflies decorated with pearls and along with Tilda's bug that's my 2 Bs for Moving Along With The Times #98 and my favorite things for the Magnolia Down Under challenge #96.
Finally got my hands on some bakers twine that seems to be one of the current card making trends.  I've finished mine off with some little blue beads.
Tilda is coloured with Copics in shades of yellow for Copic Creations #50.

We had a busy weekend, I don't know where the time flies to.  Back to Pre-School for the Branston Pickle today, he seems to be settling in well.  My afternoon without him flies past and I have to be very focused not to just surf the net when I should be getting other jobs done!

** Kate **  

Comments

Dolly Mixtures said…
What a lovely image to use. Love her wellies and apron and the little ladybird so nicely coloured. Great card.
artfulstampin said…
Lovely colouring on a cute card!!
Zuzana Obert said…
Wow, fabulous card. I love the way how you made the bakers twine and what a cute image. Thank you for playing along with DCM this week.

Zuzana x x
Amy Tidd said…
I love all the detail and the cute little butterflies!! Amyxx

http://www.craftythinker.blogspot.com
Lynda said…
Oh that is a cute Tilda and your card is gorgeous - thanks for joining in with us at Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx
Julia Dunnit said…
I haven't seen that Tilda before, she's actually rather sweet! Totally get what yo umean about an afternoon that flies by!!
Cate said…
Very cute image!!
debby4000 said…
Fabulous cute card and such pretty colours.
luv
Debby
Tami G said…
Loved everything about this card... how unique..
Kruemel said…
What a cute card - love that (faux) banderole you added and all those butterflies that are fluttering around on your card!

Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC this week!

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel
Brenda Brown said…
Such a cute card Kate, love the butterflies and image.
Thanks for joining in our 2B's challenge at MAWTT we are so pleased you have shared this with us.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox
Jo said…
Gorgeous card - I love the splash of embossed turquoise

jo x
Debbie Dolphin said…
so sweet xxx
Thankyou so much for joining in with our challenge at MDUC this week
Love Debbie xxx
SYLVIA-ANNE said…
A beautiful card with stunning colours - love the embossing. Thank you for joining us this week at the MAWTT challenge.
Hugs, Sylvia x
Lovely card, that's a really sweet image and I love the turquoise colour of the embossed card.
Kitty said…
This is gorgeous, love the colours and fab layout too!

Thanks for sharing your creations with us at MAWTT and hope to see you again for the next challenge!

Kitty xx
Kathy said…
Oh Kate, what a sweet image - and what a lot of detail on this card. Love the beads on the twine, and all those lovely little butterflies fluttering all over the place really bring it to life
thank you for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers A Darlin' BUGS of May challenge.
RoseC said…
Kate, your Tilda looks lovely in her yellow on this pretty card. So glad to see your entry at Copic Creations. ~ Rose

Popular Posts