Decorated Gift Box

My 3rd DT creation for By The Cute And Girly's June theme of 'In the garden' is a decorated gift box.
There are a lovely range of these Kraft coloured boxes at Paperchase just crying out to be decorated.  I've used Artemio stamps with a few little extras.  The sun has been masked and inked with Distress Inks.
With a bit of ribbon around the edge of the box it really didn't need anything more.  Although in the end I did add a few little touches with white pencil, I couldn't help myself.
Top tip ~ before decorating the box base put the lid on and mark in pencil how far down it comes on one of the edges.  I didn't do this on a smaller box I practiced on and the heads of the flowers were partly obscured, which I think didn't look as good.  picture of prototype box below.
** Kate ** 

Comments

Lisa Jane said…
Beautiful box Kate - i love the images .. so pretty, and i like the use of the white pencil
Lisa xx
nnalorac said…
Love these boxes Kate, very pretty stamped images and like the simplicity of them. Carolxx
Geraldine said…
Kate, that is a great idea. Really clean and simple.
Ger x

Popular Posts