Magnolia-licious Highlites Blog Hop

Magnolia-licious Highlites have a blog hop until the end of the month with the theme of 'Black and white with POP' - choose one other colour.  I've gone for Kraft as my extra colour, although a couple of hints of red have just sneaked in there (shhh, don't tell anyone, as one of the DT has done something similar with her colours I think it will be OK).
The colour scheme all came about from a strange moment the other morning when I woke up a bit bleary eyed and thought I saw some white Damask printing on the edge of a box.  Well, of course, it was never there, but once the thought was in my head I had to give it a try.  I've used white Colorbox ink on an Anna Griffin stamp.
I've made a white easel card base and then covered it with black and Kraft cardstock from Papermania.
Tilda is coloured with Copics with a little white pencil added for highlights.  The other little bits of stamping are from a BasicGrey set and I couldn't resist a few black butterflies to go with the colour scheme.
For the flowers I have used a technique in the Magnolia Ink magazine Midsummer Night's Dream issue to colour and shape some old Hydrangea Prima blooms. 

Other Challenges:
Crafts & Me - Stitches
Scrapbook Sisters #41 - Anything goes
Deep Ocean #2 - Flowers

** Kate **

Comments

Lisa Jane said…
oh this is fabulous .. i love the Kraft and the little hints of red
Why not enter our red challenge at Ladybug crafts ink - a touch of red is enough lol
Lisa x
Awesome. I love the image and the touch of red. your card is stunning. Thanks for sharing

hugs Julie

Popular Posts