Nest

Day 6 at the Big Idea Festival is 'Nest' brought to us by Emily Falconbridge.  As soon as I saw the word I thought of this picture I took on holiday.
It's not a great image, a little fuzzy, but then 3 year olds don't keep still for long.  SMO and I were sleeping on a rock hard sofa bed for our caravan holiday.  Each day we had to stash all the pillows, linen and duvet in my mum's wardrobe (she had to keep her clothes in her case - it was all a little cramped but the kids thought it was a fun adventure).  On the Thursday morning the Branston Pickle was making nests in it all before we had a chance to clear it away.

I've used acrylic paint for my techniques today.  Dry brushing on a combination of Peach Bellini Dabber and a bright blue from Marabu.  I then mixed the 2 in a palette to make a 3rd colour which I painted onto bubble wrap and then printed onto the paper.
For the other supplies I used some Pink Paislee stamps, reverse stamping one of them so that the birds could face each other.  The journal spots are from a Heidi Swapp pad and there are a few gel butterfly stickers from Paperchase too.  I've used a Fiskars squeeze punch to make the clouds (it was our only rainy day all week).

I'm slightly behind with blogging my daily pages as I have been happily printing off the daily PDF in black thinking who cares if the colour ink is totally out and then the realisation dawns - I neede to print the photos!

** Kate **    

Comments

Popular Posts