Play and the completed album

Play is the final word from Stacy Julian.  There was a great deal of playing on holiday, in fact the holiday consisted of little else, that's only right after all.  I chose one of my favourite pictures of the week, with these 2 together and the sea stretching off into the distance.
My inking this time is using recycled packaging.  It's a sort of hard foam piece that I have inked with Wild Honey Distress Ink and then printed with.  I then made up my little scene with Molly Bloom and Stamposaurus stamps.  I chose the little pin-wheel as the children went to a workshop to make these whilst we were at Highcliffe Castle, so I made one from a square of card to remind us (I think you can see the real ones in the background on the 'Cherish' layout).
Then there is the album, a bit more recycling here.  I've used the card that came wrapped around some new bed sheets.  Covered it with Iron Orchid Designs and Provo Craft Garden papers and used Distress Stain and a bit of Glimmer Mist to distress the Words To Live By title. 
Inside I have attached a Tim Holtz ring binder.  I've used the brads that it came with, which doesn't give a particularly secure finish, so if anyone has discovered a better way to use these please let me know.
That's it, album done and ready for new beginnings tomorrow.  It's the 1st of the month so there will be a new challenge at By The Cute And Girly and it's the 1st day of Shimelle's 'Learn Something New Every Day' class, so please drop by if you get the chance.

** Kate **

Comments

Kellie said…
OH wow this is amazing! I love the sand effect it looks gorgeous and the whole page in general is amazing, love it!
Janice said…
Well done on finishing your album Kate. Your page looks great, It will be a lovely thing to look back on in the future.

Popular Posts