Diffuser - Product Review

Oh My Goodness - if you use embossing folders then read on, you NEED this product!!!!

You know how sometimes a new product is launched and it kind of slips under your radar until you see it by chance one day and think 'Why has no-one told me about this?  This is AMAZING!'.  Well, I have made one of those discoveries and perhaps everyone else has heard all about it and neglected to tell me, but just in case you haven't heard about the new Diffusers from Tim Holtz Alterations range I'm going to rave about them now.

If you ever wanted to emboss just a part of your embossing folder, or if you want to emboss the whole folder but leave just a part plain then this is for you.  And, if you never thought of doing either of these things then Sir Tim has thought of the idea for you.
The results are fantastic.  I've used one of the newer packs of Texture Fades with the honeycomb and bubble wrap finishes above.  The card on the left uses the Diffuser with the opening and the one on the right uses the inset from the same set.  Watch out for these 2 cards made up into projects soon.
The pack comes with 3 sets, 6 pieces in all and as it has 'Set #1' printed on it, I hope that means we will see some more styles coming soon.  The instructions on how to make a sandwich for your machine are included.  I experimented with scrap card first and decided that the best result in my Big Kick was to use the universal platform without either of the tabs.
Here's a quick card I made using a different one of the open Diffusers and a damask embossing folder.  It's the smallest opening which leaves an unembossed space at either the top or bottom of the panel depending on which way you use it.
The sentiment is a Miss Caroline sticker from My Mind's Eye and the twine at the top is from Lawn Fawn.  I'm entering my card at Scrapbook Sisters for their 'Anything Goes' challenge #90.


These are a few of the places where I found the pack for sale (although not all have them in stock at the moment).   I bought mine from The Artistic Stamper, prices vary wildly so shop around.

This has totally distracted me from the projects I am supposed to be working on so, now that I've shared my excitement with you, I had better get on!


** Kate **       

Comments

nnalorac said…
You trying to lead us astray Kate! No I haven't seen these, they do look great. Lovely card. Carolxx
Julie Wilson said…
A lovely card Kate. Thank you for entering the Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge. Hugs xx

Popular Posts