All is Bright

So, by now I should be 10 to 15 cards into my '5 cards a day' plan and all should be bright and merry.  Well, it's not!  The Branston Pickle has been ill since Friday, his temperature is back under control now, but I am still struggling to get him to eat anything.

SMO took care of him on Saturday so that I was able to fulfill my commitment to take my jewellery to the Art Group Christmas Fair, where trade was slow but steady.  He looked after him again on Sunday so that the older children could go handbell  ringing outside Waitrose.  The result of all of this was, come Monday morning when I was caring for the poorly little one, he cried and cried for his Daddy!

He was feeling a little better by yesterday afternoon so I made a start on the cards with a plan to make some simple one layer creations with ink and sprays.  I've managed to complete one whole card.

I sprayed pink Chalkboard Glimmer Mist over a Kaisercraft wooden tree and added a stamped sentiment from a free set that came with a magazine.

The tree was a little bit faint so I went around the outline with black pen and then added lots of bright jewels, which just happen to be the colour scheme I think I will go for at home this year (we have got as far as digging the tree out from the back of cupboard under the stairs - a mammoth task, you have to move Harry Potter's bed and everything out of the way to get there!)

Challenges:
Daring Card Makers - Colour challenge
Moving Along With The Times - Clean and simple

Once little one was in bed I managed to get a few images coloured in and ready to make up, so there are some more cards on the way, at least I know that I only have to hand deliver them!

** Kate **  

Comments

Brigitte said…
I LOVE it!!!! Your CAS is simply so elegant! Hugs, Brigitte
librariane said…
Glad you decided to outline the tree--it looks great!
That tree is so effective, simple but lovely :)
Rika said…
Cute card,
thanks for joining us at DCM.
Gez Butterworth said…
Beautiful card. Good luck with your cardmaking for Christmas! Thank you for joining the Daring Cardmakers this week. Gez

Popular Posts