Project Life Supplies

Like many collectors and strokers of paper I have been tempted by Project Life style supplies, despite the fact that I have no intention of embarking on Project Life.  Three of my favourite scrapbookers have been tackling these issues lately.  May Flaum has been dealing with a stack of unscraped  holiday photos in 'Project Hawaii'Glitter Girl has been using journalling cards in her adventures to see how versatile they can be and  Shimelle has a Sketch to Scrapbook Page which I've used for my layout.
I've used the sketch in a six boxes of 4x6 format, but the final layout has the bottom right hand box divided into two 3x4 cards.  Like May I haven't used a divided page protector, the whole page has been made on a 12x12 background sheet of Glitz Cashmere Dame.


All of the rest of the supplies are from Simple Stories Vintage Bliss line, which is just too nice to let the project lifers have all to themselves.  The additional materials used are yellow star Kath Kidston washi tape and some Papermania jewels.

I've cut down a 6x4 card that had wording on that really fitted the page, but the card itself was portrait and didn't fit the design.   The result was lots of little bits of coordinating paper that I've been able to fit in all over the page. 

The page took longer to come together than many of my 12x12 pages and it really only started to gel once I started treating each area of the page like it was a separate pocket.  I do like the overall result and as my albums are just a mish-mash of different style pages I think it will fit in just fine.  My conclusion is that these type of supplies are here to stay in my crafting stash, which means I needn't hesitate to buy any that catch my eye from now on!!

~ Kate ~

Comments

May said…
This is great! So glad you're inspired and creating. The results are fabulous.

Popular Posts