Something Quick and Simple

The title sums up just about all I can manage - something quick and simple.  Having done battle with the computer and shown it who's boss, I am now up an running smoothly again (cross all fingers, legs and toes) However, to ensure that I can take no pleasure from it, I now have a head cold which appears to have replaced my brain with cotton wool. I was in bed by 9pm last night and the extra sleep has allowed me to carry on functioning today.
I've a few DT projects to complete and thought I would ease myself in with a little clean and simple card for this week's Daring Card Makers stencil challenge.  After I'd made it I got a little confused about the difference between a stencil and a mask, I blame the cotton wool head, but I think it's OK.
For the background I've used the left over paper from a previous die cut to mask the shape and then placed a Studio Calico stencil over the top.  The spray is my current favourite Chalkboard Mist in Sprout.  The silver pigment in it really shows when you angle the card.
I've used an Edwin image from my stash of stamps that I've already coloured, so nice and easy on my brain. Branston Pickle and all his friends are 5 this school year so expect to see this stamp having a few more outings before September.

Challenges:
Daring Card Makers - Stencil it
Chocolate Coffee and Cards #39 - Use a number
Copic Marker Europe #17 - Boys aloud

Talking of outings, I'm helping on the school farm trip tomorrow, another early night called for me thinks!

~ Kate ~

Comments

Brigitte said…
THis is so beautiful Kate!!!! Love the CAS, it's perfect for a boy card. Hugs, Brigitte
Dewi Lestari said…
Great card, love the stencil background. Thanks for joining at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges: Use a Number
Hugs
Dewi
PS. I have birthday candy here: http://sundaymorningcard.blogspot.com/2013/04/birthday-candy.html
Come and join
Sue Nicholson said…
Beautiful card and CAS layout, thanks for joining us at CC&CC, good luck, cheers Sue N x
Lisa-Jane said…
He's a cutie! I think I caught your cold :-(
Gorgeous card Kate, I love the football idea, very clever x

Popular Posts