Thinking of you - Handy Hippo

I've been playing with dies and embossing folders for my latest Handy Hippo card.
It all started with a 12x12 sheet of mint cardstock that I cut in half to make a 6x6 card base.  The remaining card was also cut in half to give me pieces to work with for my layering.  One whole piece was embossed with a 6x6 Embossalicious folder and trimmed to leave a slight border showing, when adhered to the card base with a white organza ribbon tied around it.
I picked Bundled Sage Distress Ink for the project and stamped the Penny Black Paisley Swirls with it and then I inked around the edge with the same colour.  A Marianne die was used on white card for the main panel and then inked with the same Bundled Sage colour before it was popped out of the die.  The frame comes with 2 sizes of swirls which I cut a selection of using the remaining mint card.

For the sentiment I stamped a circle greeting in Versamark ink onto white card and embossed it in black before colouring the card with the Bundled Sage ink and cutting it out.

The layers of the card were assembled using 3d foam.  I added the swirls behind the sentiment and under the ribbon bow, which I finished off with a decorative pin.

Supplies all available from Handy Hippo:
American Crafts Mint Textured card
Die'sire Embossalicious Regal Damask embossing folder
7mm White Organza Ribbon
Distress Ink Bundled Sage
Penny Black Paisley Swirls stamp
Marianne Design Die Frame/Swirls
Wild Rose Studio Circle Greetings stamps
Versamark
Papermania Black Embossing Powder
Foam Pads
Double Sided Tape
Papermania Vintage Notes decorative pins

Challenges:
Moving Along With The Times - Embossing


~ Kate

Comments

Brigitte said…
WOW Kate!!! Your card is so elegant!!!! It would also be perfect for a wedding card. Hugs, Brigitte
Marita said…
Lovely card♥. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week and good luck♥.

Hugs, Marita

Popular Posts