In a spin

I've completed a card this week with a fun spinner on it for my littlest person's upcoming birthday.
I've based the design on this months sketch at Kathy's Waffle Sketch File and punched out one of the squares to make the window for the spinner.
The spinning part is attached really simply with a brad and I've decorated it with various game images including the mini version of Game On Edwin.
The colouring is with various water based markers.  I started out with Distress Markers but the palette just wasn't bright enough so I added some Whisper pens into the mix.  I hope the newest colours from the Distress Inks come out as markers soon please Sir Tim!
I should have photographed the spinner before I put it all together but here is a little glimpse of it.
It shows the stamped arrows I've used between the images so that as the wheel turns the window is never empty.  I used a Dear Lizzy clear arrow stamp which I was able to curve slightly as I stuck it onto the acrylic block.

~ Kate ~

Comments

Popular Posts